For Medical Professionals
The information in this section is specifically designed to provide information for medical professionals treating patients with choroideremia or scientists researching CHM.
Clinical Differential Diagnosis
NIGMS National Institute of General Medical Sciences
Coriell Institute for Medical Research
403 Haddon Avenue
Camden, New Jersey 08103, USA
United States,(800) 752-3805
World, (856) 757-4848
For additional information on other CHM cell lines and animal models, contact Chris Moen, MD, CRF Chief Medical Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Research Resources
Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature.
PubMed comprises citations for biomedical literature, life science journals, and online books.
CHM Standards is an online collaborative resource with the goal of establishing and maintaining recommendations for the development of clinical trial designs and endpoints that incorporate the patient community perspective for therapies designed to stop or slow the loss of retinal structure in choroideremia (CHM) patients.
Join the CRF Scientific Advisory Board
If you are interested in joining our Scientific Advisory Board, please contact:
Dr. Chris Moen, Chief Medical Officer at (800) 201-0233 x 2 or email@example.com for more information.
Apply for Funding
Our objective is finding a cure or effective treatment for choroideremia.
Accomplishing this goal relies on:
- Research that provides essential resources and knowledge for the field (e.g. model systems, understanding genetic underpinnings, annotated patient specimens)
- Innovative research that opens new pathways for diagnosis and drug discovery
- Promising projects that are less likely to get traditional funding such as:
- Seed funding that could yield breakthrough benefits for patients
- High quality projects proposed by young investigators
- Foundational projects with an important but long-term payoff
If you are interested in applying for funding please send a one page letter of inquiry addressed to:
Chris Moen, MD, Chief Medical Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. LOI’s are accepted on a rolling basis.